Consumer Managed Personal Attendant Services Program
Consumer Managed Personal Attendant Services Program contracts with licensed home health agencies to provide this service to adults 18 years of age or older who have physical disabilities. You must be mentally and emotionally competent and willing to supervise the personal attendant or have someone who can supervise the attendant for you. You then interview, select, train, supervise and discharge the personal attendant unless you appoint someone else to do it for you. Any health-related tasks are prescribed by your personal physician.
The Home Health Agency then:
- Determines eligibility and the amount of care needed.
- Develops a pool of potential personal attendants.
- Provides emergency backup for the attendant.
- Other eligibility requirements
- Be age 18 or older.
- Must need help with at least one personal care task.
- Must be mentally and emotionally capable of directing their own care.
- Must have a disability that is expected to last at least six months from the date eligibility is determined.
If this is not the service you are looking for, leave the Consumer Managed Personal Attendant page and go back to the Medicaid Home Health page for other elder care options.