The Community Based Alternatives program (CBA) is a Medicaid sponsored program. It provides home and community based services to people who are elderly and to adults with disabilities as a cost-effective alternative to living in a nursing home. The State Medicaid Case Manager provides case management services.
1. You must qualify financially as determined by the Medicaid program of the State in which you reside.
2. You must be age 21 or older.
3. The cost of your service plan cannot exceed the nursing facility payment rate.
4. Your health status must meet the medical necessity determination for nursing facility care.
5. You must be determined at risk for nursing facility placement.
6. You must choose waiver services instead of nursing facility care based on an informed choice.
This program was designed to keep people in their homes as long as possible and delay the admission to a nursing facility for as long as possible. By keeping the elderly in their homes, the program saves money by not having to pay the nursing facility for your care. More importantly for you, you get to remain in your home longer and enjoy the comforts of your own home but with the adaptive aides and assistanve that the program provides.
If this program seems right for you and your loved one, contact your State Medicaid program and ask how you may access these services.
If this is not what you are looking for, please leave Community Based